Pomona Choice Energy will become your energy provider, but your bill will look much as it has in the past.
Pomona Choice Energy has partnered with SCE to continue maintaining lines, starting and stopping power service and handling all billing. Pomona Choice Energy’s job is to buy power and fill their lines with it. That means you will continue to get just one bill each month for your electricity. Only the line(s) which address power generation will change.
- Once Pomona Choice Energy service starts for your residence or business, the line item for power generation on your SCE bill will be replaced by a Pomona Choice Energy charge for power.
- SCE will stop charging for generation but will continue to charge for the energy delivery services (typically referred to as “transmission and distribution”) and various regulatory fees. Since SCE and Pomona Choice Energy both provide separate electric services, your one bill will include charges from both Pomona Choice Energy and SCE.
If you want to know more about your bill, please review the sample bill below that explains the various charges:
- Customer Account Number
- Southern California Edison (SCE) service account number
- Pomona Choice Energy service account number
- Southern California Edison (SCE) electric delivery charges
- This is SCE’s charge for the delivery of electricity. It includes transmission, distribution, and a variety of other fees. It does NOT include generation charges if you’re a Pomona Choice customer.
- Pomona Choice Energy electric generation charges
- This is Pomona Choice Energy’s charge for generation – the cost of the electricity you use in your home or business.
- Total Amount Due
- The Total Amount Due includes ALL of your fees for electric delivery and Pomona Choice Energy electricity generation services. You should pay the total amount due on your bill to SCE. By partnering with SCE to have just one bill, we keep it simpler for you.
- Your Rate
- This indicates the applicable rate schedule under which you are receiving electrical generation service from Pomona Choice Energy.
- SCE Delivery Charges
- This is a breakdown of SCE’s charges for the delivery of electricity. It includes transmission, distribution, maintenance, and a variety of other fees. It does NOT include generation charges (the cost for the energy that you used) if you’re a Pomona Choice Energy customer. These rates are set by SCE as approved by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).
- Your Delivery Charges Include
- This is the breakdown of the Transmission, Distribution, Public Purpose Programs, taxes, and other fees required by law, including: Nuclear Decommissioning, Conservation Incentive Adjustment fees or credits, DWR Bond Charge, Competition Transition Charges (CTC), Energy Cost Recovery Amount, Taxes and Other
- CCA Generation Detailed Charges
- This is a breakdown of Pomona Choice Energy’s electric generation charges. This rate is set by the Pomona City Council in a public hearing.