Why did the Pomona City Council create this program?
The City Council started Pomona Choice Energy for the purpose of helping to meet our sustainability goals, and to have local control of the program. Pomona Choice Energy is yet another way the City Council is being proactive in offering Pomona residents and businesses another benefit of living and working in our fine City.
What is Pomona Choice Energy?
Pomona Choice Energy is the all-new, locally-managed, not-for-profit power program created by the City of Pomona, specifically for our community. This renewable and modern power provider will be available exclusively to those residents and businesses within Pomona that are currently being served by SCE. Pomona Choice Energy started providing power on October 1, 2020, to residential customers (Phase 1), and to small/medium commercial businesses in our community in June 2021 (Phase 2). Pomona Choice Energy has partnered with SCE, so many of the functions are still performed by SCE as they are now, which makes the program very low impact to implement. In addition, there will be NO registration or sign up process.
How does Pomona Choice Energy work?
The short answer is, Pomona Choice Energy provides your electricity, and SCE delivers it. In more detail, we supply power to homes and businesses with an opportunity to opt up to 100% renewable energy. Our partner, SCE, continues to do the billing, maintains the power lines, and handles all new service and emergencies.
What are the benefits of Pomona Choice Energy?
Pomona Choice Energy provides customers a choice where before there was none. SCE customers will automatically be enrolled in Pomona Choice Energy at parity of SCE rates. Solar customers will automatically be enrolled October 2021 into Pomona Choice Energy’s net metering program that offers the benefits you get now.
What are other benefits of Pomona Choice Energy?
- No enrollment necessary; all customers were automatically signed up beginning October 1, 2020.
- CARE, FERA, and Medical Baseline customers will keep their current discount.
- SCE will continue to read your meter, bill you, and process your payment. They will still respond to your requests and handle any power outages. Only the source and price of the electricity flowing into your home will change with Pomona Choice Energy.
- No change to auto-pay plans or level rate pay plans.
- Optional 100% renewable plan (requires customers to take action to opt-up to this plan).
- Pomona Choice Energy is a stand-alone program that does not impact City services or funding.
- Customers may opt-out of Pomona Choice Energy and stay on with SCE rate schedule.
For more information, please visit our website at PomonaChoiceEnergy.org or call (909) 620-2079.
Si le gustaría recibir este aviso en español, visite PomonaChoiceEnergy.org o llame (909) 620-2079.