Pomona Choice Energy Programs
Pomona Choice Energy is committed to creating new programs specific to the needs of our community. As a customer of Pomona Choice Energy, you will benefit from having renewable electricity at competitive rates. You can also benefit from lower carbon emissions, a more comfortable home, and lower utility bills through programs offered by Pomona Choice Energy.
The CalChoice SmartDER Program for Pomona Choice Energy is a partnership between Pomona Choice Energy, CalChoice, Emporia, the Zero Net Energy Alliance, and Ecoshift Consulting to give free and discounted access to Emporia energy monitors, smart plugs, and smart EV chargers. These devices provide real-time energy data and can help track your energy usage and identify opportunities for savings.
For a limited time, get Energy Monitors and Smart Plugs absolutely free!
- The CalChoice SmartDER Program for Pomona Choice Energy customers launched on March 4, 2022.
2. When does it end?
- Early participants will receive free devices, after all free devices are delivered discounted devices will continue to be available through the webstore.
3. How do customers apply?
- For free devices: Pomona Choice Energy customers should visit https://www.emporiaenergy.com/pomona-deal and fill out the form with their Pomona Choice Energy account number and choose whether they want a free Emporia energy monitor, a free Emporia smart plug or both. Free energy monitors are limited to the first 500 applicants and Free smart plugs are limited to the first 1,000 applicants. Additional smart plugs can be ordered at a cost of $6.75 per plug (a $3.24 savings). The devices will be sent from Emporia and should arrive within 4 business days. Additionally, Pomona Customers can apply to SCE for a $25 rebate on the energy monitor, so not only is the monitor free, but the customer will get a free $25. Rebate details are at https://www.sce.com/residential/rebates-savings/hanlogin
- For discounted devices: Pomona Choice Energy customers should visit https://shop.emporiaenergy.com/pomona for discounts on Emporia smart home devices.
4. Does it cost anything?
- No. There are no hidden costs or fees. Each Pomona customer can order free or discounted energy monitors and smart plugs with no further obligation.
5. Does Emporia control their device when they need to turn it off for energy peak reasons?
- The customer can set custom schedules on the smart plugs or they can set them up to go on and off based on excess solar generation, time-of-use rates, or by setting a peak demand goal for their entire home usage.
6. Is there a number to call to ask questions?
- You can chat with a real human being at Emporia customer support with the chat button at the bottom of the https://www.emporiaenergy.com/pomona-deal page or by calling 844-EMPORIA (367-6742).
Pomona Choice Energy customers are now eligible for the Efficient San Gabriel Valley (eSGV) program that offers residents free home energy assessments to identify opportunities to reduce household energy use and costs.
How does it work?
- Pomona Choice Energy customers may request a virtual or in-person assessment by visiting https://www.sgvcog.org/esgv or calling (626) 457-1800.
- On the day of the assessment, staff will identify ways to improve your home’s energy efficiency. Staff will review building materials, heating and cooling, lighting, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, home and office electronics, indoor and outdoor water usage, and more.
- Within one week of the assessment, staff will deliver a thorough report to the resident, containing a range of energy-efficiency recommendations, as well as a personalized action plan with resources and rebate information.
For more information about the eSGV program, visit https://www.sgvcog.org/esgv
As we work to bring you clean power at competitive rates, we’re proud to share a special offer from our partner, OhmConnect, to help you have even more money this year.
OhmConnect offers a free service that pays you for the energy you don’t use. It helps the planet and your wallet. A real win-win!
They’ll let you know the most critical hours in the week when electricity is most expensive. That way, you can choose to run off energy-hogging devices and save your chores for when it isn’t the highest cost.
The best part is that they will even reward you for saving energy.
Because OhmConnect is our partner, they are offering a special welcome gift for our customers. If you join now, you’ll get $10 cash and a smart thermostat for just $0.99 (a value of (129.99!) or 2 smart plugs when you connect your utility. Sign up today! ohmconnect.com/pome1
Pomona Choice Energy CARE, FERA, and Medical Baseline customers save even more with Pomona Choice Energy. Customers enrolled in Pomona Choice Energy continue to receive their CARE, FERA, and Medical Baseline discount within their SCE delivery charges; there is no need to reapply with Pomona Choice Energy.
How to Enroll?
Customers enrolled in Pomona Choice Energy continue to receive their CARE, FERA, and Medical Baseline discount within their Southern California Edison delivery charges; there is no need to reapply with Pomona Choice Energy. New CARE, FERA, and Medical Baseline enrollments or renewals must still be done through SCE’s customer service center or website.
The AMP Program is a debt forgiveness payment plan option for residential CARE and FERA customers who have past due bills totaling $500 or greater which are at least 90 days old. For each month that the current bill is paid on time, AMP will forgive 1/12 of the eligible total past due amount. After 12 on-time payments of individual monthly bills, the debt is fully forgiven (up to $8,000 per customer). Visit SCE’s website to enroll.